Seminar on Research Methods in Geography (392010)
Department of Social and Human Environment
||Type 2 Subject
Associate Professor HORI, Kazuaki
The purpose of this seminar is to acquire techniques required for research of geography and/or environmental studies through investigation about the problems of geography based on reading of articles, analyzing statistical data, and conducting fieldwork.
Those who wish to attend the seminar are asked to contact an instructor before early April.
The main contents are shown below.
The course will be given in seminar style.
1. Reading papers/articles related to problems of gegoraphy.
2. Determination of the study area
3. Analysis of statistical data
5. Presentation of the results
6. Writing a report
Report and attendance in seminar
Recommended Reference Books, Other Study Material, and notes
All students who would like to attend this class should contact the instructor by the beginning of April.
Language in class
▪ Presentation & Materials : Partially in English
▪ Oral explanations : Japanese only
▪ Questions in English : Available
e-mail address / Tel No / Room of Instructor(s)