Geographic Information Science (391124)
Department of Social and Human Environment
||Type 1 Subject
Associate Professor OKUNUKI, Kei-ichi
||Lecture Room 3/ Environmental Studies Hall
1. To learn fundamental knowledge of data analysis.
2. To conduct spatial data analysis for students' master research.
3. To have abilities for integration of various geographic information so as to create the future of the regional society.
In ths class we will learn about fundamental data analysis including spatial data analysis. We have topics such as the followings:
1. Data levels of measurement
2. Descriptive statistics and inferential statistics
3. Frequency distribution
4. Mean and variance
5. Relationship and correlation
6. Probability distribution
7. Probability distribution II
8. Statistical estimation
9. Statistical test
11. Regression II
12. Principal component analysis
13. Factor analysis
14. Cluster analysis
15. Multi-dimensional scaling .
Lectures will be given in Japanese, however students will be welcome to discuss in English with the teacher and the other students.
Reports for assignments (100%)
Recommended Reference Books, Other Study Material, and notes
All students need to have his/her available computer which includes R.
Language in class
▪ Presentation & Materials : Partially in English
▪ Oral explanations : Japanese only
▪ Questions in English : Available
e-mail address / Tel No / Room of Instructor(s)