Environmental Urban Systems (000070)
Assoc. Prof. IRYO, Miho
||Lecture Room 1/Environmental Studies Hall
Policy and technical knowledge will be provided for environmental science experts as well as for engineers in the field of civil engineering or architecture mainly from the viewpoint of urban and transportation planning. Analytical theories and tools for sustainable or optimal urban management will be also discussed.
1. What are environmental urban systems and there issues?
2. Historical review of city structures and location theory
3. Environmental impact assessment
4. Urban and transportation planning for eco-cities
5. Preservation of urban greenfield and landscape
6. Energy management
7. Consensus building and urban planning
8. Case studies of environmental policies in different cities
Short essay on every class (60%), final report (40%)
No textbooks are required.
Recommended Reference Books, Other Study Material, and notes
Information of texts and references will provided in the class.
Language in class
▪ Presentation & Materials : English only
▪ Oral explanations : English only
▪ Questions in English : Available
e-mail address / Tel No / Room of Instructor(s)
Room401, Environmental Studies Hall