Environmental Urban Systems (000070)
Assoc. Prof. IRYO, Miho
||Lecture Room 1/Environmental Studies Hall
Policy and technical knowledge will be provided for environmental science experts as well as for engineers in the field of civil engineering or architecture. Analytical theories and tools for sustainable or optimal urban management will be also discussed.
Based on the urban management and environmental management theories, national scale policies and urban scale management policies are reviewed and analyzed.
1. What are envrionmental urban systems and there issues?
2. Historical review of national / urban plannings and structure of cities
3. Measurement and estimation of environmental loads
4. Urban transport and land use policies for eco cities
5. Preservation of urban environment and landscape
6. Case studies of environmental policies in different cities
Short essay on every class (50%), final report (50%)
No textbooks are required.
Recommended Reference Books, Other Study Material, and notes
Information of texts and references will provided in the class.
Language in class
▪ Presentation & Materials : English only
▪ Oral explanations : English only
▪ Questions in English : Available
e-mail address / Tel No / Room of Instructor(s)
Room401, Environmental Studies Hall