Low Carbon Cities Studies (3400021)
Common Subjects, G30 Earth and Environmental Sciences Graduate Program, G30 Civil and Environmental Engineering Graduate Program
Professor TANIKAWA, Hiroki
Visiting Professor SCHANDL, Heinz
Visiting Professor FUJITA, Tsuyoshi
Visiting Professor FUJII, Minoru
Invited Lecturer YAMASUE, Eiji
Invited Lecturer HASHIMOTO, Seiji
Invited Lecturer FUJINO, Junichi
Invited Lecturer DAIGO, Shiro
||Lecture Room 2/Environmental Studies Hall
Students will learn policies and plans and technological and institutional measures to realize low carbon cities with a view to integrating climatic change mitigation in urban development.
【Lecture schedule under Covid-19 】
First lectuer will be 5/13(Wed)10:30～12:00 using Zoom and NUCT.
※If you want to take this course, register using website "MEIKAI" below.
Questioner Number 336166
<Low Carbon City Studies>
1. Global Climatic System
2. Mechanisms of Global Warming
3. Climatic Change and Human History
4. Economy, Energy and Environment and IPCC AR:
5. Industrial Ecology
6. Human Activities and Energy in Cities:
7. Urban Forms, Land Use and Energy:
8. Material and Energy metabolism in cities
9. Material and Energy metabolism of buildings and districts
10.Sound Material Cycle Society
11.Metal resource and sustainability
12.Stock-type Society and sustainability
There are additional overtime studies regarding each lecture.
Evaluation is carried out by reports (100%). Students have to attend all lectures as the schedule for the next class will be announced in the previous class. Those with less than 80% attendance in the class will not be evaluated.
to be distributed in class
Recommended Reference Books, Other Study Material, and notes
See more NUCT and check information of this lecture:
Language in class
▪ Presentation & Materials : English only
▪ Oral explanations : English only
▪ Questions in English : Available
e-mail address / Tel No / Room of Instructor(s)
email@example.com, Env. Bld. 501