Field Seminar on Environmental Studies (000034)
Professor YAMAGUCHI, Yasusshi
Professor NISHIZAWA, Yasuhiko
Professor OSADA, Kazuo
Associate Professor HIRANO, Yasuhiro
Associate Professor MUROI, Kenji
Associate Professor KAWAMURA, Noriyuki
||Lecture Room 1/Environmental Studies Hall
To understand environmental problems and natural disasters by visiting outdoor areas where these problems actually occur, and to think about the environmental and disater issues seriously. Also aiming to learn methodologies of field surveys.
Observations and discussions will be conducted in the outdoor fields on a variety of topics on environmental studies such as interaction between human activities and environments. The areas of interest to be visited are;
(1) Western part of Noubi Plain including Fujimae mud flat, Nagaragawa river mouth dam and the delta areas (May 28, Sunday; pre-visit discussion will be held on May 17 or 24, Wednesday)
(2) Central part of Nagoya to discuss relations between the natural environments and infrastructures, and to actually measure aerosol particles concentrations to understand the atmospheric environments (June 10, Saturday or June 11, Sunday; pre-visit discussion will be held from 5 PM on May 31, Wednesday)
(3) Sustainable Community Development
This field research aims to understand current situation and dynamism of local community. Research areas are as follow. First, Nagakute city, newly developing housing area. Second, south district of Nagoya city, depopulated industrial area. We will visit these areas and have discussion with public staffs and local residents. By conducting the research, we acquire comparative understanding of contemporary community and make proposal for better community development. (July 3, Monday; pre-visit discussion will be held on June 28, Wednesday)
Students who plan to take this class must attend the guidance at 4:30-6:00 PM on April 12, 2017, in Lecture room-1 of Kankyou-sougou-kan.
Active participation to the seminars (45%), and reports before (25%) and after (30%) the outdoor seminars. Required to participate all three outdoor seminars and to submit all reports.
To be annouced at the guidsance.
Recommended Reference Books, Other Study Material, and notes
To be recommended later.
Language in class
▪ Presentation & Materials : Partially in English
▪ Oral explanations : Japanese only
▪ Questions in English : Available
e-mail address / Tel No / Room of Instructor(s)
email@example.com / 3017 / Room 719 of Environmental Studies Hall