Science and Technology for Disaster Mitigation 3B: Practical Actions for Disaster Mitigation (2) (3400019)
Professor TOBITA, Jun
||Disaster Mitigation Hall/Disaster Mitigation Research Building
Aims : This lecture introduces recent activities in natural disasters and disaster mitigation from researchers and experts who are active in the fields to discuss and understand a wide range of current disaster prevention and essential issues.
Achieveements / Goals : The ability to discuss and examine future disaster prevention strategies comprehensively and practically, and clarify the position of each research field in environmental science.
Diploma policy : DP3
Students should be attend the lectures of "Academy for disaster mitigation" held by the disaster mitigation research center and the disaster management office of Nagoya university, and have a discussion on the topics. Topics and schedule will be announced on the Website of the Nagoya Univerity Disaster Mitigation Research Center. For your information, the followings are the example of topics.
1. Vibration monitoring for buildings and ground for earthquake disaster mitigation
2. Information systems and activities for disaster mitigation
3. Tsunami disaster during the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake
4. Occurrence prediction of the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake
5. Influence of environmental pollution by the nuclear power station
6. Liquefaction and ground damage during earthquakes
7. Building damage by earthquake shaking and Tsunami waves
8. Disaster restoration in Tohoku area and future Tokai and Metropolitan area.
9. Historical materials for earthquakes and Tsunami disasters in our region
10. Role and possibility of volunteers for disaster correspondence
Discussions and reports for each lecture.
Original materials and slides are used.
Recommended Reference Books, Other Study Material, and notes
Reference will be recommended during class. If you have any questions after class, contact via e-mail.
Language in class
▪ Presentation & Materials : Japanese only
▪ Oral explanations : Japanese only
▪ Questions in English : Available
e-mail address / Tel No / Room of Instructor(s)
tobita(at)nagoya-u.jp, 308 Disaster Mitigation Research Building