Science and Technology for Disaster Mitigation 3A: Practical Actions for Disaster Mitigation (1) (000050)
Professor TOBITA, Jun
||Disaster Mitigation Hall/Disaster Mitigation Research Building
This lecture introduces recent activities in disaster mitigation.
Students should be attend the lectures of "Academy for disaster mitigation" held by the disaster mitigation research center and the disaster management office of Nagoya university, and have a discussion on the topics. Topics and schedule will be announced later on the Web. For your information, the followings are the topics of lectures held in the 2011-2012 semesters.
1. Vibration monitoring for buildings and ground for earthquake disaster mitigation
2. Information systems and activities for disaster mitigation
3. Tsunami disaster during the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake
4. Occurrence prediction of the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake
5. Influence of environmental pollution by the nuclear power station
6. Liquefaction and ground damage during earthquakes
7. Building damage by earthquake shaking and Tsunami waves
8. Disaster restoration in Tohoku area and future Tokai and Metropolitan area.
9. Historical materials for earthquakes and Tsunami disasters in our region
10. Role and possibility of volunteers for disaster correspondence
Participation attitude and reports
Recommended Reference Books, Other Study Material, and notes
Language in class
▪ Presentation & Materials : Japanese only
▪ Oral explanations : Japanese only
▪ Questions in English : Not available
e-mail address / Tel No / Room of Instructor(s)
email@example.com/308 Disaster Mitigation Research Building